Sunday, January 26, 2014

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

Anyone who has seen Pinterest may know why I am addicted. Recipes, craft projects, quilts, yarn projects, funny things, more recipes. It has so many ideas for everything, especially food. I have made a few recipes from there, with mixed success, but when my parents came to visit I was prompted to make some muffins I recently pinned. Raspberry lemon muffins, if you didn't already suspect that. I don't make muffins often, but these were so delicious and easy I had to make them again! (Less than a week later...) Anyway, here is today's breakfast. 


And here's the link to the muffins, for those who wish to try them. I suspect they will make an appearance at my next tea, perhaps as a bread. 

http://www.howdoesshe.com/raspberry-lemon-muffins/


My only changes to the recipe were to use Pam to grease the pan (I put all the melted butter in the muffins), use all AP flour, use the zest of a full lemon (I really like lemon), and use a small box of fresh raspberries, which might be 1.25 cups but I really like raspberries too so more is good. The first time I made them I used cupcake liners, but they were hard to pull off the muffins and greasing the pan gives them a nice semi-crisp texture. I also sprinkled a little coarse sugar on top, but I'm not sure it added enough that I would do it again. The recipe also has some good tips for storing muffins to save for later. I'm not sure how she can have leftovers though! Time to start buying raspberries in bulk!

1 comment:

  1. These muffins sound so delicious. Definitely a must for your next tea: )

    ReplyDelete